Saturday, September 9, 2017

Sketching in Barnes and Noble

Today I had a very productive day. Sketching in my favorite spot in our local Barnes and Noble bookstore. Many magazines to draw inspiration from, so I decided to record my experience by doing quick sketches of what I saw and liked. Here are collages of my visual journey. Each page spread is a different magazine. Unfortunately for us artists magazines are dying trade. So maybe this is a recording of my own nostalgia.
You can see there was a little "accident" on the right where I went over my new calligraphy marker and it turned out it was not water resistant. I will have a post about that soon. Some accidents are welcomed... but it's best to know how to control your medium.


"Where Woman Create" is as always full of stories of wonderful women who dedicate their lives to their bliss.
"Nordic Living" offered a different palette and aesthetics. The sketch on the right of this spread is of my window view of the corner of The Shoppes at Web Gin House Rd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your work wonderful.


From: artworkpaint.com